MINUTES OF THE
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
COUNTY OF NAPA
March 25, 2003
1. Call to Order; Roll Call.
THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE COUNTY OF NAPA MET IN SPECIAL SESSION, TUESDAY, MARCH 25, 2003 AT 2:00 P.M. WITH THE FOLLOWING MEMBERS PRESENT: CHAIRPERSON BRAD WAGENKNECHT, SUPERVISORS
BILL DODD, MIKE RIPPEY, MARK LUCE AND DIANE DILLON. THE MEETING WAS CALLED TO ORDER BY CHAIR WAGENKNECHT AT 2:00 P.M.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
PAM KINDIG, AUDITOR-CONTROLLER, LED THE SALUTE TO THE FLAG.
3. Public Comment
4. Assessor/Recorder-County Clerk (Registrar of Voters) requests approval of the Certified Statement of Results for the special replacement election for Napa Valley Community College Trustee Area 2 consolidated with the municipal election held on March 4, 2003 (Official Canvass of Returns); and declare results of the election pursuant to Elections Code Sections 15300-15400. (Certified Statement on file with the Clerk of the Board)
5. Director of Health and Human Services requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign Amendment No. 1 to Agreement No. 4878 with Loretta Silvagni, LCSW, to provide additional counseling services in the Children’s Behavioral Health and Child Welfare Services Programs. A-4878
6. Director of Health and Human Services requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign an agreement with Juarez Group, LLC, for a maximum of $32,009 for the term March 5, 2003 through June 30, 2003 to provide recruiting services for the Chief Fiscal Officer position in the department.
HELD FOR DISCUSSION
APPROVED REQUEST DD-ML-BD-MR-BW A-4941
7. Director of Health and Human Services requests adoption of a resolution appointing Dr. Patricia Tyler as the Mental Health Director for the Napa County Health and Human
Services Agency, effective March 25, 2003. R-03-56
8. Director of Public Works requests acceptance of the work as complete and authorization for the Chair to sign and file a Notice of Completion with the Clerk/Recorder for Contract No. PW 01-15, “Napa County Airport T-Hangars Project.”
9. Director of Public Works requests adoption of a Resolution of Application requesting the Local Agency Formation Commission to take proceedings for the Airport Boulevard No. 4 Annexation for the Napa County Sheriff s’ Facility, PW 01-26 Project. R-03-57
10. Director of Public Works requests authorization for out of state travel for Supervisors Bill Dodd and Mike Rippey and Director of Public Works Bob Peterson, to secure federal FY 2004/2005 annual appropriations for continued construction funding of the Napa River/Napa Creek Flood Protection Project in Washington, D.C., from March 29 - April 2, 2003, at an estimated cost of $2,000 each.
11. Human Resources Director requests the adoption of a resolution amending the Departmental Allocation List for the Probation Department with regards to deleting one (1) Probation Division Manager and adding one (1) Staff Services Manager, effective March 25, 2003.
12. Regional Training Employment Coordinator requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign a grant application with the United States Department of Labor for a Workforce Incentive Grant in the amount of $300,000 for the term July 1, 2003 to June 30, 2005 to hire and train staff and to purchase adaptive equipment for electronic workstations in the four counties of Marin, Solano, Sonoma and Napa One Stop Centers.
13. County Executive Officer requests relief from liability for cash shortage in Trust 3900, Department 10300, Program No. 90715, in the amount of $1,242.61.
14. County Executive Officer requests adoption of resolution appointing Ms. Pamela A. Miller to serve as the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, effective March 31, 2003, and approval of Ms. Miller to serve in the position of Administrative Manager/Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.
15. County Executive Officer requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign an agreement with Keyser Marston Associates (KMA) for an amount not-to-exceed $17,000 for the term March 25, 2003 through June 30, 2003 to conduct fiscal impact analysis for the Montalcino at Napa Valley Resort. A-4942
16. County Executive Officer/Purchasing Agent request a waiver of competitive bidding requirements
and authorization to make a sole source award for the purchase of an ID card system from Identicard Systems Incorporated of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, for the total amount of $21,500.
17. County Executive Officer/Purchasing Agent and Communications Manager requests the following:
A. Declare certain fixed assets as surplus and no longer required for public use (Details on file with the Clerk of the Board);
B. Authorize their disposal at public auction; and
C. Authorize their removal from the County’s fixed asset list.
18. Discussion of items removed from the Consent Calendar.
APPROVED CONSENT CALENDAR ITEMS 4 THROUGH 17, WITH EXCEPTION AS NOTED ABOVE. BD-DD-MR-ML-BW
19. Discussion and possible direction to staff to draft an amendment to Urgency Ordinance No. 1204 which would exempt from the provisions of this ordinance use permits for the replacement, relocation, construction, and operation of co-generation power plants with peak electrical outputs of 5.1 megawatts or less and the installation of related facilities including, but not limited to, underground natural gas pipelines in public roads. (Supervisor Dillon)
THE BOARD DIRECTED STAFF TO RETURN WITH AN AMENDMENT TO URGENCY ORDINANCE NO. 1204 FOR CONSIDERATION IN THE MORNING OF THE APRIL 8, 2003 MEETING.
20. Discussion and possible action regarding legislation.
21. Board of Supervisors’ Committee Reports and Announcements.
22. Board of Supervisors’ Future Agenda Items.
23. Closed Session.
THE BOARD RECESSED TO THE UNVEILING OF THE CHILDREN’S ROOM MURAL AT 2:30 P.M. AT NAPA CITY/COUNTY LIBRARY, 580 COOMBS STREET, NAPA, CALIFORNIA AND ADJOURNED TO BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ REGULAR MEETING, TUESDAY, APRIL 1, 2003 AT 9:00 A.M.
BRAD WAGENKNECHT, Chairperson
Deputy Clerk of the Board
Vote: BW = Brad Wagenknecht; BD = Bill Dodd; MR = Mike Rippey; ML = Mark Luce; DD = Diane Dillon
The maker of the motion and second are reflected respectively in the order of the recorded vote.
Notations under Vote: N = No; X = Excused; A = Abstain