MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
July 27, 1999
THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE COUNTY OF NAPA MET IN REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, JULY 27, 1999 AT 9:00 A.M. WITH THE FOLLOWING MEMBERS PRESENT: CHAIRMAN MARK LUCE, SUPERVISORS MIKE RIPPEY, MEL VARRELMAN, KATHRYN WINTER AND BRAD WAGENKNECHT.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
JOHN TUTEUR, ASSESSOR-CLERK RECORDER, LED THE SALUTE TO THE FLAG.
CANDACE ELIZA REFERRED TO ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT’S MISSION STATEMENT, AND CONTINUES TO HAVE CONCERNS REGARDING THE EFFECTS OF MTBE IN THE ENVIRONMENT AS A RESULT OF GAS BLOWERS USED BY MAINTENANCE STAFF.
AL CARDWELL REFERRED TO AN ARTICLE IN THE NAPA VALLEY REGISTER WHICH ADVISED THAT PROPERTY ASSESSMENTS THIS YEAR WERE AT AN ALL TIME HIGH ($113.8 BILLION DOLLARS) AND FELT SOME PROPERTY OWNERS WERE BEING UNFAIRLY ASSESSED.
MIKE JOELL, REPRESENTING GIOVANNA SCRUBY, ADVISED MUSTARD’S RESTAURANT AND COSENTINO WINERY HAVE CONTINUED THEIR ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES WITH REGARD TO THE WASTE WATER TREATMENT PONDS AND DUE TO THEIR INABILITY TO MEET DEADLINES FOR COMPLIANCE, REQUESTED THE COUNTY COMMENCE REVOCATION OF THEIR USE PERMITS.
4. Director of Corrections requests approval of and authorization for Chairman to sign Agreement No. 3679 with the Napa County Council for Economic Opportunity for the rate of $2.54 per meal ordered for the term July 1, 1999 through June 30, 2000 to provide meals for the Napa County Senior Nutrition Program. A-3679
5. Director of Health and Human Services Agency requests adoption of a resolution authorizing the Partnership HealthPlan of California (PHP) to explore a possible expansion of the PHP to include Yolo County. R-99-92
6. Director of Health and Human Services Agency requests approval of and authorization for Chairman to sign the renewal of Agreement No. 4062 with Joseph M. Sholders, M.D. for the term July 1, 1999 through June 30, 2000 to provide services in the Mental Health Outpatient Managed Care program. A-4062
7. Director of Health and Human Services Agency requests approval of and authorization for Chairman to sign renewals of the following agreements with the California Department of Health Services (CDHS) for the term July 1, 1999 through June 30, 2000 for AIDS services:
8. Personnel Director requests the following actions effective August 7, 1999: (Details on file with the Clerk of the Board.)
9. Approve minutes of Board of Supervisors’ meeting of July 20, 1999.
10. Discussion of items removed from the Consent Calendar.
APPROVED CONSENT CALENDAR ITEMS 1 THROUGH 9.
PURSUANT TO ELECTIONS CODE §9111, THE BOARD ORDERED A REPORT TO BE PRESENTED NO LATER THAN AUGUST 24, 1999.
PUBLIC HEARING HELD
ADOPTED RESOLUTION V-BW-R-W-L R-99-93
ADOPTED THE NEGATIVE DECLARATION
WAIVED READING BALANCE OF ORDINANCE
DECLARED INTENT TO ADOPT ORDINANCE
13. Discussion and possible action including, but not limited to, the following legislation:
SB 428 (Perata) Transportation: Bay Area Water Transit Authority
THE BOARD WENT ON RECORD TO OPPOSE SB428 (PERATA)
14. Board of Supervisors’ Committee Reports and Announcements.
CHAIRMAN LUCE REPORTED ON THE NAPA SANITATION DISTRICT MEETING.
SUPERVISOR WINTER REPORTED ON THE NAPA COUNTY TRANSPORTATION PLANNING AGENCY MEETING.
15. Board of Supervisors’ Future Agenda Items.
REPORT REGARDING THE EVENT AT LAKE BERRYESSA AND DISCUSSION OF POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS.
DISCUSSION REGARDING PROPOSALS TO TURN SKYLINE PARK AND AETNA SPRINGS RESORT INTO STATE PARKS.
16. Department Heads’ Reports and Announcements.
TRENT CAVE, DIRECTOR OF ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT AND JEFFREY REDDING, DIRECTOR, CONSERVATION, DEVELOPMENT AND PLANNING DEPARTMENT EXPLAINED THE COUNTY AND STATE’S JURISDICTION CONCERNING WASTE WATER AND PROVIDED AN UPDATE ON MUSTARD’S RESTAURANT AND COSENTINO WINERY’S ONGOING SITUATION.
17. Closed Session regarding:
Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation
Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 54956.9:
CLOSED SESSION HELD – NO REPORT
ADJOURN TO BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ NEXT REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEETING.
Deputy Clerk of the Board
Vote: L = Mark Luce; R = Mike Rippey; V = Mel Varrelman; W = Kathryn Winter;
BW = Brad Wagenknecht
Notations under Vote: N = No; X = Excused; A = Abstained