MINUTES OF THE
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
COUNTY OF NAPA
March 16, 1999
- Call to Order.
THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE COUNTY OF NAPA MET IN REGULAR SESSION, TUESDAY, MARCH 16, 1999 AT 9:00 A.M. WITH THE FOLLOWING MEMBERS PRESENT: CHAIRMAN MARK LUCE, SUPERVISORS MEL VARRELMAN, KATHRYN WINTER AND BRAD WAGENKNECHT. SUPERVISOR MIKE RIPPEY WAS EXCUSED.
- Pledge of Allegiance.
DAVE PRATHER LED THE SALUTE TO THE FLAG.
- Public Comment.
- District Attorney requests approval of and authorization for Chairman to sign Agreement No. 3998 with the California Department of Justice in the amount of $32,000 for the term March 1, 1999 through June 30, 2000 to conduct blood drug analysis.
APPROVED V-BW-R-W-L A-3998
- Sheriff requests the following:
- Approval of and authorization for Chairman to sign the Financial Aid Application and Agreement No. 3446 with the State Department of Boating and Waterways in the amount of $319,121 for Fiscal Year
2000-01 for the Boat Patrol Program; and
APPROVED V-BW-R-W-L A-3446
- Authorization for Sheriff or his designee to sign quarterly activity reports and other documents related to the Fiscal Year 2000-01 Boat Patrol Program for the State Department of Boating and Waterways.
- Sheriff requests adoption of a resolution restricting parking along a portion of the east side of Knoxville Road at Lake Berryessa.
APPROVED V-BW-R-W-L R-99-24
- Superior Court requests authorization to amend the Departmental Allocation List for Napa Superior Court Budget Unit 21000 deleting three (3) Court Accounting Assistant positions and adding three (3) Judicial Assistant II positions, effective March 20, 1999.
- Director of Health and Human Services Agency requests the following actions related to Medi-Cal managed care billing:
- Authorization for Chairman to sign a Purchase Agreement with Echo Management Group for $32,238 for billing software;
APPROVED V-BW-R-W-L A-4138
- Approval of and authorization for Chairman to sign an agreement with Echo Management Group for the term March 16, 1999 through June 30, 1999 in an amount not to exceed $37,500 for software installation and training; and
APPROVED V-BW-R-W-L A-4139
- Approval of Budget Transfer No. 53 accepting and appropriating revenue
in the amount of $69,738 from the Auditors Trust to the Mental Health Budget (42000) to fund above agreements.
APPROVED V-BW-R-W-L BT-53
- Agricultural Commissioner requests approval of Budget Transfer No. 51, transferring $6,200 to the Fixed Assets-Equipment account from the appropriations for both the Savings Incentive and Agriculture accounts, and authorization to purchase a Power Point projector and case.
APPROVED V-BW-R-W-L BT-51
- Agricultural Commissioner requests approval of Budget Transfer No. 52, realizing revenues in the amount of $24,664 to be received from the California Department of Food and Agriculture, and appropriating this amount to fund staff activities in support of the Departmentís pest exclusion program.
APPROVED V-BW-R-W-L BT-52
- Director of Conservation, Development and Planning requests the Board:
- Authorize the Chairman to sign an Agreement and Grant of Easement from the State of California for the River-to-Ridge Trail through lands of Napa State Hospital, after the partially-signed document is received from the California Department of Mental Health;
- Authorize the Auditor to prepare a warrant for payment of $19,475 to the State of California; and
- Accept the Easement after execution and transmittal by the California Department of General Services.
- Director of Public Works requests approval of Budget Transfer No. 48 transferring $11,100 from the Capital Improvement Program, Maintenance account in Budget Unit 16000, to the appropriation for the County Counsel/Administration Carpet Project, to enable other budgeted and completed minor projects to be paid for as part of the latter project.
APPROVED V-BW-R-W-L BT-48
- Director of Public Works requests approval of and authorization for Chairman to sign an agreement with Security Resources, Inc., dba Argon Security for the provision of security services at various County sites, for the term beginning March 16, 1999, with automatic annual renewal at the beginning of each fiscal year, at a cost not to exceed $40,000 per year.
APPROVED V-BW-R-W-L A-4140
- Local Enforcement Agency (LEA) Manager requests approval of Budget Transfer No. 50 transferring $13,500 within LEA Budget Unit 40700, from the Fixed Assets-Equipment account to the Operating Transfers Out account, to enable payment to the Public Works Vehicle Replacement Fund of the balance owed for last fiscal yearís replacement of the LEA vehicle.
APPROVED V-BW-R-W-L BT-50
- Personnel Director requests approval of the following actions effective March 16, 1999:
- Authorization to amend the Departmental Allocation List adding one (1) M Criminal Justice Planner position to County Administrator (Budget Unit 10200); and
- New class specification for Criminal Justice Planner. (Copy on file with the Clerk of the Board)
- Second reading and adoption of an ordinance amending Napa County Code Section 2.71.060 and 2.71.070 to increase the membership of the Napa County Children and Families First Commission from five (5) members to nine (9) members and designate staggered terms in accordance with the increase.
APPROVED V-BW-R-W-L O-1154
- County Administrator requests approval to extend the .6 Housing Specialist Limited Term position through June 30, 1999.
- Appoint Carol Marie Whichard to serve on the Employee Relations Panel as an Employee Organization representative with the term to expire June 1, 2002.
- Approve minutes of Board of Supervisorsí meeting of March 2, 1999.
- Discussion of items removed from the Consent Calendar.
- 9:10 a.m. - Public Hearing - Consideration and possible adoption of resolution establishing the property tax administrative fee allocable to the public entities in Napa County for Fiscal Year 1998-99 for services rendered in Fiscal Year 1997-98 as authorized by Chapter 3.44 of the Napa County Code and Section 95.3 of the Revenue and Taxation Code.
PUBLIC HEARING HELD
ADOPTED RESOLUTION V-W-R-BW-L R-99-25
- 9:10 a.m. - Public Hearing - Consideration and possible adoption of resolution increasing the criminal justice administrative fee (booking fee), authorized to be imposed by Section 29550 of the California Government Code from $77 to $92.
PUBLIC HEARING HELD
ADOPTED RESOLUTION V-W-R-BW-L R-99-26
- 9:30 a.m. - Board of Supervisors meeting as a Board of Equalization.
(SEE NAPA COUNTY BOARD OF EQUALIZATION MINUTES)
- 10:30 a.m. - County Administrator/Housing Director request consideration and possible adoption of a resolution approving the request by Napa Valley Community Housing (NVCH) and BRIDGE Housing Corporation (Bridge) for an additional $500,000 from the Napa County Affordable Housing Trust Fund for the Apartments at Silverado Creek rental housing project.
ADOPTED RESOLUTION V-W-R-BW-L R-99-27
- 1:30 p.m. - Recess to the Napa County Flood Control and Water Conservation District meeting.
(SEE NAPA COUNTY FLOOD CONTROL AND WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT MINUTES)
- Discussion and possible action to approve the following Memoranda of Understanding:
- Consolidated Memorandum of Understanding between the County of Napa and the Superior Court of California, County of Napa for provision of services by various County departments to the Court for Fiscal Year 1998-99; and
APPROVED W-BW-V-R-L A-4136
- Memorandum of Understanding between the County of Napa, The Board of Law Library Trustees and the Superior Court of California, County of Napa for provision of services by the Court to the County and Law Library for the Fiscal Year 1998-99.
APPROVED W-BW-V-R-L A-4137
- Discussion and possible action regarding legislation.
- Board of Supervisorsí Committee Reports and Announcements.
SUPERVISOR WINTER REPORTED ON THE FOLLOWING:
- METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT COMMISSION CONFERENCE
CHAIRMAN LUCE REPORTED ON THE NAPA SANITATION DISTRICT MEETING.
SUPERVISOR WAGENKNECHT REPORTED ON THE NAPA CHILD CARE PLANNING COUNCIL.
- Board of Supervisorsí Future Agenda Items.
- Department Headsí Reports and Announcements.
- Closed Session: None scheduled.
CLOSED SESSION NOT HELD
ADJOURNED TO BOARD OF SUPERVISORSí REGULAR MEETING, TUESDAY,
MARCH 23, 1999 AT 9:00 A.M.
Deputy Clerk of the Board
Vote: L = Mark Luce; R = Mike Rippey; V = Mel Varrelman; W = Kathryn Winter;
BW = Brad Wagenknecht
Notations under Vote: N = No; X = Excused; A = Abstained