NAPA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY APRIL 1, 2003 9:00 A.M.
William S. Chiat
County Executive Officer
Clerk of the Board
1. Call to Order; Roll Call.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Presentation of Certificates of Recognition to individuals who have completed the “Including All Children” training program. (Supervisor Wagenknecht)
4. 9:00 A.M. PUBLIC COMMENT
In this time period, anyone may address the Board of Supervisors regarding any subject over which the Board has jurisdiction but which is not on today's posted agenda. In order to provide all interested parties an opportunity to speak, time limitations shall be at the discretion of the Chair. As required by Government Code, no action or discussion will be undertaken on any item raised during this Public Comment period.
5. Department Heads’ Reports and Announcements.
6. Auditor-Controller requests authorization to draw a warrant in the amount of $31,000 from the Napa County Fair Fund, payable to the Napa County Fair, as the second installment of the 2003 Allocation from the State.
7. Treasurer/Tax Collector requests approval of the County’s Investment Policy.
8. Treasurer/Tax Collector requests approval of the following persons to serve on the Napa County Oversight Committee with the terms of office to expire on March 31, 2004:
Pam Kindig Auditor-Controller
Mike Rippey Representative of the Board
Barbara Nemko County Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee
Jill Techel A representative selected by a majority of the presiding officers of the legislative bodies of the special districts in the County that are required or authorized to deposit funds in the County treasury
(Vacant) A representative selected by a majority of the presiding officers of the governing bodies of the school districts and community college district
CONSENT CALENDAR – Continued
9. Director of Health and Human Services requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign Business Associate Agreements setting forth the terms and conditions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy Rule.
(List of agreements on file with the Clerk of the Board)
10. Director of Health and Human Services requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign the following Memoranda of Understanding for the term April 1, 2003 through August 31, 2003 clarifying respective roles and responsibilities in the California Children’s Services (CCS) and Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Programs:
A. Solano-Napa-Yolo Commission on Medical Care, dba Partnership Health Plan of California, for the CCS Program;
B. Solano-Napa-Yolo Commission on Medical Care, dba Partnership Health Plan of California, for the CHDP Program; and
C. Napa-Solano Head Start, for the CHDP Program.
11. Director of Health and Human Services requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign the Workforce Investment Act Title I 15% Youth Special Projects Subgrant Closeout Report for the period March 1, 2001 through December 31, 2002.
12. Agricultural Commissioner requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign Amendment No. 1 to Agreement No. 4760 with the California Department of Food and Agriculture extending the term through June 30, 2003 for reimbursement of costs associated with Sudden Oak Death.
13. Agricultural Commissioner requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign an agreement with the Napa County Winegrape Pest and Disease Control District for the term April 1, 2003 through July 31, 2007 for the sharing of costs related to the Napa County Glassy-winged Sharpshooter/Pierce’s Disease Workplan.
CONSENT CALENDAR – Continued
PROPERTY – Continued
14. Director of Public Works requests award of the contract for the “Silverado Trail at Oak Knoll Avenue Deceleration Lane Project,” RDS 02-02, to Hess Construction of American Canyon, California, for their low bid of $212,770 and authorization for the Chair to sign the construction contract.
15. Director of Public Works requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign Amendment No. 1 to Agreement No. 4840 with Ceres Associates increasing the amount by $20,300 for a new maximum of $38,875 for additional services to obtain environmental permits for the “Yountville Cross Road Class II Bicycle Lane Project,” PW 02-15.
16. Director of Public Works requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign an agreement with Kleinfelder, Inc. for a maximum of $6,600 for the term April 1, 2003 through March 15, 2004 for the geo-technical engineering consulting services for the “Devlin Road Extension (North) Project,” PW 02-27.
17. County Counsel requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign Amendment No. 4 to Agreement No. 4232 with Susan McGuigan increasing the hourly rate from $125 per hour to $150 per hour for supplemental legal services related to development in the Airport Industrial Specific Plan Area.
18. Human Resources Director requests adoption of a resolution amending the Departmental Allocation List in the Agricultural Commissioner’s Office to extend the limited term of four (4) Agricultural and Standards Service Worker II positions effective April 1, 2003 through June 30, 2005 for the implementation of the Napa County Glassy-winged Sharpshooter/Pierce's Disease Workplan.
19. Human Resources Director requests adoption of a resolution with regard to the following, effective April 12, 2003:
A. Amend the Table and Index and the Departmental Allocation List with regards to the Public Works Department; and
B. Approve revised class specifications for Principal Public Works Engineer, Engineering Assistant I and Engineering Assistant II; and approve the new class specifications for Senior Engineering Aide and Engineering Aide. (Details on file with the Clerk of the Board)
CONSENT CALENDAR – Continued
20. Human Resources Director requests adoption of a resolution approving the revised class specification with regard to the position of Literacy Project Associate, effective April 1, 2003.
21. Library Director requests authorization to apply for a grant from the California State Library, Public Library Staff Education Program, in the amount of $3,547 for Fiscal Year 2003/2004.
22. Regional Training Employment Coordinator requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign an agreement with the Workforce Investment Board of Solano County for $90,000 for the term October 1, 2002 through September 30, 2003 to implement Projects INCLUSION and DEVELOP for people with disabilities seeking employment.
23. Regional Training Employment Coordinator requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign an agreement with the Workforce Investment Board of Solano County for $441,888 for the term October 1, 2002 through September 30, 2005 to implement the Nurse Workforce Initiative (NWI) project to recruit, train and certify 36 licensed nurses.
24. County Executive Officer requests adoption of a resolution authorizing the Chair or, in his absence, the Vice Chair, to sign the following documents regarding the former California Department of Forestry fire station located at 3400 Jefferson Street, being redeveloped as 78 units of affordable senior housing:
A. Modification, Assignment and Assumption Agreement for the predevelopment loan with Napa Valley Community Housing;
B. Modification and Subordination Agreement for the land acquisition loan with Napa Valley Community Housing; and
C. Any additional documents required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) or other lenders necessary to complete the construction and permanent loan closing transactions.
25. County Executive Officer requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign the renewal of Agreement No. 3295 with the State of California for a maximum of $64,000 for the term July 1, 2003 through June 30, 2004 with offsetting revenue from the State of California, for the Arts in Mental Health Program.
CONSENT CALENDAR – Continued
26. County Executive Officer requests adoption of the Amended Fiscal Year 2003/2004 Recommended Budget Preparation/Final Hearing Schedule.
27. County Executive Officer requests adoption of a resolution renewing the delegation of authority granted to the Napa County Treasurer-Tax Collector to invest and re-invest funds held in the County treasury for a one year period beginning April 1, 2003.
28. County Executive Officer/Director of Emergency Services requests adoption of a resolution terminating the Proclamation of Local Emergency declared on December 16, 2002.
29. DISCUSSION OF ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR.
30. 9:15 A.M. Recess to the In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Public Authority of Napa County meeting. (See IHSS Agenda)
31. 9:30 A.M. Status report presentation by the Chair and Executive Director of the Napa County Children & Families Commission.
32. 9:45 A.M. PUBLIC HEARING First and final reading and adoption of an ordinance amending the contract with the Board of Administration of the California Public Employees’ Retirement System to allow employees to purchase service credit for time worked as an extra help employee pursuant to Section 20503.
ENVIRONMENTAL DETERMINATION: It can be seen with certainty that there is no possibility the proposed action may have a significant effect on the environment and therefore CEQA is not applicable [See Guidelines For the Implementation of the California Environmental Quality Act, 14 CCR 15061(b)(3)].
33. Discussion and possible action including, but not limited to, the following legislation:
A. Legislative Tracking List
B. Williamson Act
C. AB 941 (Yee): Napa State Hospital
D. AB 87 (Bogh): Workers Compensation Benefits for Disaster Service Workers and Their Dependents
E. HR 1165 (Thompson): National Computer Recycling Act
F. Creation of a Board legislative committee
34. Board of Supervisors’ Committee Reports and Announcements.
35. Board of Supervisors’ Future Agenda Items.
REGULAR CALENDAR - Continued
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION – Continued
36. Closed Session regarding:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - EXISTING LITIGATION
(Government Code Section 54956.9 (a))
Names of cases:
i) Maurice MacColl vs. County of Napa (WCAB No. SFO 411621)
ii) Donald Stanely vs. County of Napa (WCAB No. SFO 461430)
ADJOURN TO BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ REGULAR MEETING, TUESDAY,
APRIL 8, 2003 AT 9:00 A.M.