NAPA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY MARCH 30, 1999 9:00 A.M.
Mary Jean McLaughlin
Clerk of the Board
The Board of Supervisors meets each Tuesday at 9:00 A.M. at 1195 Third Street, Room 305, Napa, California 94559. If you require an assistive listening device, interpreter or any other special arrangement please provide the Clerk of the Board with 24-hour notice by calling 253-4580 (253-6088TDD).
The agenda is divided into three sections:
CONSENT CALENDAR - These matters include routine financial and administrative actions, as well as the final adoption of ordinances and are approved by a single majority vote.
SET MATTERS - These items are noticed hearings, work sessions and public hearings.
REGULAR CALENDAR - These items include significant policy and administrative actions and are classified by program areas. Immediately after approval of the CONSENT CALENDAR, if the time for hearing SET MATTERS has not arrived, the REGULAR CALENDAR will be considered.
ANY MEMBER OF THE AUDIENCE DESIRING TO ADDRESS THE BOARD ON A MATTER ON THE AGENDA please proceed to the rostrum and, after receiving recognition from the Chair, give your name, address, and your comments or questions. In order that all interested parties have an opportunity to speak, please be brief and limit your comments to the specific subject under discussion. Time limitations shall be at the discretion of the Chair or Board.
AGENDA AVAILABLE ONLINE AT www.co.napa.ca.us
1. Call to Order; Roll Call.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
In this time period, anyone may address the Board of Supervisors regarding any subject over which the Board has jurisdiction but which is not on today's agenda. Individuals will be limited to a three-minute presentation. No action will be taken by the Board of Supervisors as a result of any item presented at this time.
4. District Attorney requests approval of and authorization for Chairman to sign an agreement with the ARM Group at a cost not to exceed $25,000 for the term January 1, 1999 through June 30, 1999 for computer support services.
Pam Kindig Auditor-Controller.
Mike Rippey Representative selected by the Board.
Barbara Nemko County Superintendent of Schools or his/her
Bruce Heid A representative selected by a majority of the presiding officers of the governing bodies of the school districts and community college district.
Jill Techel A representative selected by a majority of the presiding officers of the legislative bodies of the special districts in the County that are required or authorized to deposit funds in the County Treasury.
CONSENT CALENDAR - Continued
7. Director of Health and Human Services Agency requests approval of Budget Transfer No. 58 transferring $23,607 from Contingencies to Social Services (Budget Unit 50100) to refund a duplicate payment to the federal government for the Fiscal Year 1997/98 Options grant.
9. Director of Health and Human Services Agency requests approval of and authorization for Chairman to sign an agreement with Michael and Lynn Brown for a maximum of $7,125 for the term March 15, 1999 through June 30, 1999 to provide residence and care services for a client of the Agencyís mental health programs.
11. Director of Public Works requests acceptance of the work as complete and authorization for Chairman to sign and file a Notice of Completion with the Clerk/Recorder for Contract No. PW 97-25 R-1, "Napa County Fire Department Yountville Station Project."
13. Director of Public Works requests adoption of a resolution authorizing the filing of the Fiscal Year 1999/00 Transportation Development Act (TDA) claim with Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) and authorizing the Director of Public Works to sign the necessary documents related to the claim.
CONSENT CALENDAR - Continued
PROPERTY - Continued
14. Director of Public Works requests the following actions relating to a portion of Kelly Road South:
17. Library Director requests:
CONSENT CALENDAR - Continued
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION - Continued
20. Personnel Director and Sheriff requests authorization to amend the Departmental Allocation List to delete one (1) Deputy Marshall and to add one (1) Senior Deputy Sheriff I/II/Deputy Sheriff I/II, effective April 3, 1999.
25. DISCUSSION OF ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR.
26. 9:15 A.M. PUBLIC HEARING Proposed Agricultural Preserve Contract Amendment Nos. 98381-AGK and 98382-AGK request of John E. and Judy Ann Ahmann to amend Type "H" Agricultural Preserve Contract Nos. 507/87 and 508/87 to consolidate four Type "H" Agricultural Preserve Contracts (507/87, 508/87, 509/87 and 510/87) into two amended Type "H" contracts (507/87 and 508/87) with no loss or addition of acreage under boundaries located on the east side of Lake Berryessa within an Agricultural Watershed (AW) Zoning District. (Assessorís Parcel Nos. 015-230-001, 015-230-002, 015-230-003 and 015-260-009: changed to 015-230-007 and 015-230-008)
ENVIRONMENTAL DETERMINATION: Categorically Exempt.
28. Discussion and possible action regarding legislation.
29. Board of Supervisorsí Committee Reports and Announcements.
30. Board of Supervisorsí Future Agenda Items.
31. Department Headsí Reports and Announcements.
Name of case: Last Resort, Inc. v. County of Napa et. al. (Case No. 26-05247)
Name of case: Napa Citizens For Honest Government et. al. v. Napa County
Board of Supervisors et. al. (Case No. 26-04014)
REGULAR CALENDAR - Continued
Item No. 32 - Continued
B. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: Assessorís Parcel No. 003-153-009
Negotiating parties: County negotiator: Kenneth H. Johanson
Interested party: Paul Norman
Under negotiation: Instructions to negotiator concerning price and terms of
C. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION (Government Code Section 54957)
Title: Library Director
ADJOURN TO BOARD OF SUPERVISORSí NEXT REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEETING.