NAPA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
TUESDAY JANUARY 14, 2003 9:00 A.M.
Acting County Executive Officer
Clerk of the Board
1. Call to Order; Roll Call.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Presentation of proclamation to Emergency Services Manager, Neal O’Haire, proclaiming the week of January 12-18, 2003, as Winter Storm Preparedness Week.
4. 9:00 A.M. PUBLIC COMMENT
In this time period, anyone may address the Board of Supervisors regarding any subject over which the Board has jurisdiction but which is not on today's agenda. Individuals will be limited to a three-minute presentation. No action will be taken by the Board of Supervisors as a result of any item presented at this time.
5. Department Heads’ Reports and Announcements.
6. Sheriff requests authorization for out of state travel for Detective Todd Hancock to attend the International Association Computer Investigative Course in Altamonte, Florida, from April 28, 2003 to May 9, 2003, at an estimated cost of $2,255.
7. Assessor/Recorder-County Clerk requests adoption of a resolution electing to participate in the State-County Property Tax Administration Grant Program for a grant amount of $366,020 for Fiscal Year 2002-2003.
8. Auditor-Controller requests approval of the proposed budget for the Napa County Fair for Fiscal Year 2002-2003. (Report on file with the Clerk of the Board)
9. Auditor-Controller requests the Board accept and instruct the Clerk of the Board to file the Audit Report for the County of Napa, Sheriff’s Department-State of California, Office of Criminal Justice Planning-Sheriff's Activities League Conditioning Camp Grant Award (SAL) - #JJ99010280 for the period June 1, 2000 to June 30, 2002. (Report on file with Clerk of the Board)
CONSENT CALENDAR – Continued
FINANCE – Continued
10. Auditor-Controller requests the Board accept and instruct the Clerk of the Board to file the Follow-up Letter for the Conservation, Development and Planning Department for Fiscal Year ended June 30, 2001. (Letter on file with the Clerk of the Board)
11. Director of Health and Human Services requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign the renewal of Agreement No. 4089 with Sonoma County for $116,826 for the term January 14, 2003 through June 30, 2003 for emergency medical services administration.
12. Director of Health and Human Services requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign Amendment No. 1 to Agreement No. 4187 with Sheila Daugherty increasing the amount by $10,000 for a new maximum of $50,000 to provide additional consultation regarding Alcohol and Drug Prevention services.
13. Director of Health and Human Services requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign the following amendments to provide additional consultation services for the Napa County Stabilization Center:
A. Amendment No. 1 to Agreement No. 4450 with Jodie Morgan, increasing the amount by $10,000 for a new maximum of $22,000; and
B. Amendment No. 1 to Agreement No. 4756 with Adanna Henry, increasing the amount by $5,000 for a new maximum of $8,500.
14. Director of Health and Human Services requests authorization for out of state travel for Dr. Jay Griffith, Staff Psychiatrist, to attend the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry Review Course in Addiction Psychiatry and Pre-Conference Buprenorphine Training in Denver, Colorado, from January 16-19, 2003, at an estimated cost of $1,038.
15. Director of Health and Human Services, Information Technology Services (ITS) Director, and County Counsel request authorization for Eric Zimny, Compliance Officer, Karl Porter, Staff Services Analyst, Kevin Olson, ITS Manager, Cheri Huber, County Privacy Officer, and Jennifer Yasumoto, Deputy County Counsel, to attend the Health Care Compliance Association Institute in New Orleans, Louisiana, from April 26, 2003 to May 1, 2003 at an estimated cost of $2,825 each.
CONSENT CALENDAR – Continued
HUMAN SERVICES – Continued
16. Director of Health and Human Services requests acceptance of the Compliance Program Quarterly Report for the period ending December 31, 2002.
17. Director of Environmental Management requests authorization for out of state travel to attend the Solid Waste Association of North America’s 7th Annual Senior Executive Seminar in New Orleans, Louisiana, from January 16-18, 2003, with the Napa-Vallejo Waste Management Authority paying all expenses.
18. Director of Environmental Management requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign Amendment No. 1 to County Agreement No. 4192 extending the term to December 31, 2002 with the California Department of Health Services.
19. Director of Public Works requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign an agreement with United Research Services (URS) Corporation for a maximum $64,857 for the term January 14, 2003 through July 1, 2005 for construction management services for the new Juvenile Justice Center construction.
20. Director of Public Works requests approval of plans and specifications for the “Progress Place Program Interior Painting Project,” PW 02-23, authorization to advertise for bids and setting 3:30 P.M. on February 13, 2003 for opening of sealed bids.
21. Clerk of the Board requests adoption of resolution amending the policy on the Board of Supervisors’ Rules of Conduct of Business, adding Rule 29. Definitions, relating to office titles, and Rule 30. Signature Authority.
22. Human Resources Director requests adoption of a resolution amending the Departmental Allocation List for the Auditor-Controller’s Office with regard to a Senior Account Clerk, effective January 4, 2003.
CONSENT CALENDAR – Continued
23. Human Resources Director requests adoption of a resolution amending the Departmental Allocation List for the Probation Department with regards to deleting one (1) Assistant County Probation Officer and adding one (1) Staff Services Manager, effective January 14, 2003.
24. Human Resources Director requests approval of and authorization for the Chair to sign Amendment No. 1 to Agreement No. 4818 with California State Association of Counties Human Resources Advisory Services increasing the amount by $5,000 for a new maximum of $35,000 and revising the scope of services to allow for travel reimbursement to County Executive Officer candidates.
25. Acting County Executive Officer/Purchasing Agent requests the following:
A. Declare certain items of personal property as surplus and no longer required for public use (Complete list on file with the Clerk of the Board); and
B. Authorize the Purchasing Agent to dispose of these items of personal property by donating them to Our Family, Inc., a tax-exempt Health and Human Service organization.
26. DISCUSSION OF ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR.
27. 9:30 A.M. PUBLIC HEARING Consideration and possible action regarding an appeal filed by Thomas N. Lippe, on behalf of the Sierra Club to a decision made by the Conservation, Development and Planning Department (the “Department”) on September 26, 2002 approving Partrick Road Vineyard/Robert Craig Wine Cellars – Environmental Review (Erosion Control Plan #99411-ECPA) for land disturbing activities associated with conversion of up to 7.3 acres of an existing eucalyptus nursery and grassland to vineyard with slopes ranging from 5% to 23% within a 15 acre parcel situated in the Browns Valley Creek drainage located on the north side of Partrick Road, approximately one mile west of its intersection with Browns Valley Road in an Agricultural Watershed (AW) Zoning District. (Assessor’s Parcel No. 050-010-041)
ENVIRONMENTAL DETERMINATION: Negative Declaration prepared. According to the proposed Negative Declaration prepared, the proposed project would have no potentially significant impacts.
(APPLICANT REQUESTS CONTINUANCE TO FEBRUARY 11, 2003 AT
9:30 A.M.; APPELLANT CONCURS)
28. 9:40 A.M. Director of Health and Human Services to present a status report on the implementation of the Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Program in Napa County.
29. 10:30 A.M. PUBLIC HEARING Appeal by Norbert J. Dickman to the approval by the Director of Public Works of a lot line adjustment application of the lands of James Creek Vineyards, LLC.
(CONTINUED FROM SEPTEMBER 24, OCTOBER 22 AND DECEMBER 10,
2002; APPLICANT AND APPELLANT REQUEST CONTINUANCE TO
FEBRUARY 11, 2003 AT 10:30 A.M.)
30. 11:00 A.M. PUBLIC HEARING Board of Supervisors to receive and consider for possible approval, sealed proposals for the sale of surplus real property (easement) located at the intersection of Lincoln Avenue and Silverado Trail in Napa, pursuant to Resolution No. 02-249.
31. Acting County Executive Officer requests discussion and possible action, including authorizing related out of state travel expenses in the event it is decided by one or more members of the Board of Supervisors to attend the Health Care Compliance Association’s HIPAA/Compliance Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana, from April 26, 2003 to
May 1, 2003 at an estimated cost of $2,825 each.
REGULAR CALENDAR - Continued
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION – Continued
32. Acting County Executive Officer requests appointment of two (2) of the following applicants to serve on the Airport Advisory Commission as General Public Representatives with the terms of office expiring December 31, 2005:
Richard P. Barthelemy*
David R. McCallum
Stanley M. Rosow*
33. Consideration and possible action regarding Supervisor Diane Dillon’s nomination of Bob Fiddaman to the Conservation, Development and Planning Commission with the term of office to run concurrently with her term of office.
34. Discussion and possible action regarding legislation.
35. Board of Supervisors’ Committee Reports and Announcements.
36. Board of Supervisors’ Future Agenda Items.
37. Closed Session regarding:
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE APPOINTMENT (Government Code Section 54957)
Title: County Executive Officer
ADJOURN TO BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ REGULAR MEETING, TUESDAY, JANUARY 21, 2003 AT 9:00 A.M.